Tabula Rasa

A little slot in the vast cyberspace to start from a clean slate. Learn to crawl, walk, run and fly... to laugh, cry, whine and shout about anything and everything under the sky :)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Wickedly green and melodious

Still listening to Wicked! the Musical. Several songs just kept being stuck in my head apart from all the new Les Mills releases. This is the downside of learning new choreo, you'll be listening to the same songs to death while practising. By the time you start teaching them, you'll sick of it. It's always a treat when you get a releases that has great choreo paired with awesome songs. BodyBalance and BodyJam usually have that. Combat songs however are quite forgettable (IMHO) :p

Anyway, one of my favourite songs from Wicked is Defying Gravity. An uplifting song at one of the most crucial moments in the show. The lyrics reflected Elphaba's progress into her own independent woman (she's always been a tough cookie anyway..being born green and all :p)

Some excerpts from Defying Gravity :-

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleepI
t's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap!

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down!

....

So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately:
"Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly!"
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me
Tell them how I am

Defying gravity
I'm flying high
Defying gravity
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No Wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down

------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked, the witches of Oz, i will check it out :p

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

omigoodness, only chapter one, and the book is sooo darkkkkk.....

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger YOU! said...

it gets darker.... the book is NOT for kids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home