Tabula Rasa

A little slot in the vast cyberspace to start from a clean slate. Learn to crawl, walk, run and fly... to laugh, cry, whine and shout about anything and everything under the sky :)

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Haha... Very Slippery hor!

“Hello! Anybody there?”, “Eh! The Tabula Rasa fella still around ar?” , “ An un-updated Blog is like an unused organ” . So here I am! Been very busy for the last few weeks. Was in Singapore before Merdeka for a workshop then back to lots of work and gym commitments (new launch coming up).

The Singapore trip has got to be one of my worst experience at the airport. Flight was supposed to depart at 1850, we finally left KLIA at 2330 and when I got there, one of my luggage is still in KL! Pathetic!! Workshop went pretty well but was intensive mentally and mildly strenuous. First day started 0830 on Sun and finally ended at 2215, was like a zombie after that. The next two days were better 0715 start on Mon and 0830 on Tues. Both ended early by 1800ish. Spent the new day lazing about at the gym and a bit of shopping to get my mind off work.

On Merdeka day; before I left for airport, yours sincerely glamorous strutted, slipped and fell right in front Paragon accompanied by the collective gasps of the crowd around me. There I was, flat on the floor, looking up at the sky wondering what the heck just happened. First thing I said was “ Haha… Very slippery hor!”… got up and just walked away J

Weekend was hectic, Sat combat class was fun and then off to entertain overseas friends. Lots to drink and eat that night, Sun was just spent lazing around. Had lovely Dim Sum ( I still prefer the non-halal version) brunch at EEST @ Westin. The evening was allocated to learning choreo for new releases (mainly Jam).

The week started manically with series of meetings, site visits, contract negotiations, classes & tuitions(Jam and Balance). Love the new Jam, the movements are different and the music is pretty cool. Balance this time round is challenging and the music goes pretty well with the movements. Love the Forward Bend song (can’t reveal it yet until the launch). I urge you guys to try all the programmes out when it’s launched at individual clubs!

Was listening to Don Mclean’s “And I Loved You So” earlier and got hooked on it all over again. Is it the way he sang it? the lyrics? I don't know. I supposed it's one of those being there at the right time and state of mind.


" The book of life is brief
And once a page is read
All but love is dead
That is my belief


And yes I know how lonely/loveless life can be
The Shadows follow me
And the nights won’t set me free

But I don’t let the evenings bring me down now that you are around me"


Enough drama mama moment and don't go speculating who the you is. None at the moment! Now listening to “WICKED- The Musical” , it’s hilarious, witty, dramatic and catchy! The book is a lot more cynical and sinister than the musical but well worth the read. A great twist to the Wizard of Oz story.



7 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger fatboybakes said...

i'm sure with all the body balance and body jam, you'd have slipped with poise and style, and probably the gasps were people impressed with the elegance with which the entire thing was executed....no?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger shine said...

"And I loved you so,
people asked me how,
how I lived till now,
I told them I don't know."

His 'Crossroad' is equally moving.

p/s: Stumbled upon your blog from one's link to another.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Chili Padi Porky Queen said...

Oh shucks!! A friend of mine sent me this link and said "You are not the only one who slipped and fell during Merdeka Day". Welcome to the clumsy world. :D

p/s: Been to one of ur classes. Was great! Keep it up!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger YOU! said...

Fatboybakes, it was more of glide and slide onto the floor with grace :p hehehehe

Shine, his rendition of Roy Orbinson's Crying is haunting and when you listen to Don and Joni (greatest hits) back to back. I felt transported to another plane and era

Chili padi Porky Queen, such a long name! :p trust me... I'm very clumsy! and thanks for the support!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha... u r so funny, hor? :D Paragon so posh lar ,must have polished the floor until it is super shiny and super slippery ...

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Shirlyn said...

so drama one? haha but I like your reaction...very funny...can't imagine how u look like at tat time?! show me next time ;) kekeke

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger xPeace05 said...

same happened to me when i was teaching attack...the floor was slippery wiht my sweat, next thing you know, there i go, fall flat onto the floor. i Look up the ceiling...not again!!!! (it was my 2nd time i fell btw..:P:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home